If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably already started your Christmas shopping AND made a dent in your Christmas music repertoire. If there’s one thing I haven’t really thought about, it’s what to wear to the multitude of upcoming holiday fêtes. This year, I’m attending three work parties, planning a minor shindig for my 25th birthday, and attending the wedding of my dear friend, Jill on NYE. This gives me several excuses to get decked out like a disco ball, and continually refer and pin images to my Pinterest board: all that GLITTERS because I’m cool like that.
Are you wondering what to wear throughout the month of December and well into the new year? Here are my favourite options, simply click on the photos to find out where to buy them:
1. I promise I’m not sponsored by Club Monaco, although I do spend an average of 20 hours amongst these beautiful garments every week. Two of my favourite pieces for the holidays are the Hattie skirt and the Kaitlin skirt. They both are holiday essentials as far as I’m concerned. If you’re going out for a dinner, simply pair with a cable knit sweater to dress your look down.
2. You’ll wear this classic yet modern 3.1 Philip Lim dress long after the holidays are over. I like the neckline and sheer sleeves.
3. You can’t go wrong with a little bit of faux fur. Here’s an option that isn’t overwhelming but would certainly amp up your holiday outfit.
4. Add a little bit of plaid to your outfit. I’m in love with this dress by Madewell.
5. If you’re wanting something a little bit more elegant, the Mia dress from Club Monaco is absolutely stunning!
6. You really can’t go wrong with a bit of lace, especially during the holidays. Aritzia keeps it festive with this cranberry-coloured frock.
7. Okay, just one more look from Club M. The embellished Rebecca dress is flattering and just glittery enough to help you stand out.
8. Leather is still very on-trend this season, as are skater skirts. The Tartine dress by Wilfred combines these two trends, which makes for the perfect holiday get-up.
Let me know if you’d like me to do a men’s guide, I’d be all over that!
Happy holidays, friends! xoxo